Thursday, September 27, 2012

Assigned Blog post #1/ Google Voice

Karley Giles
Assigned Blog post #1

     I chose to write about a really neat app called Google voice.  The purpose of this app is to create a phone number which inst your own that people can still call, text,and leave you voice-mails at. These means of communication will be sent to your normal phone that has an already activated number.
     This app relates to what we have learned in class because we frequently talk about communication and the most effective way to communicate. I am co-executive producer of a television show for ATV and we use this app for show related things that we wouldn't want to give out our real numbers for. Another neat feature is that my co-executive producer and I can both receive the means calls/ text/ voice-mails from this number to each of our phones. It's like a business line where the messages are transfused to two separate locations. I will also be able to see any typed out responses she has sent and well as she I. also at the end of the day when were sick and tired of working we can turn the number off so that we do not receive any more messages and our phone acts as just our own. While having the Google voice app your phone will work for either number so I can still recieve my personal calls as well.
     This is an awesome app that makes life a lot easier and I would recommend it to anyone especially in a business setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment