Monday, November 28, 2011

Pinterest- Blog post #3

My cousin recently introduced me to a really cool app for my IPhone called Pinterest. After exploring this app, I found out that it is also a website that can be accessed by anyone with a computer or any other device that can access the internet. 
Pinterest is a virtual pin board that lets you organize and share a bunch of cool things you find on the web.  Pinterest also allows you to browse pin boards created by other people, which is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
The mission of Pinterest is to connect everyone in the world through their common interests. A favorite book, toy, or recipe can reveal a common link between two people and with millions of new pins added every week, Pinterest is constantly connecting people all over the world based on shared interests.
Pinterest has many affordances.  Along with connecting people all over the world, Pinterest also serves as a place to learn creative do it yourself projects, find delicious recipes, or share beautiful photographs.  Many people use their Pinterest pin board to save decorating ideas for a new home, to plan a wedding and allow others to comment on the dresses or decorations, or even to share your own personal style; many people like to pin clothing that they like to wear.
I am so glad I was introduced to Pinterest.  I am having so much fun exploring and re-pinning the things I have an interest in.  Make sure you check it out when you get the chance! You’ll be happy you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment