Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sleeping with you Eyes Open

By Jermaine Wright


Ever sit down and think about how life would be with a descent amount of sleep? I know personally, as a college student, working, and me being the President of two student groups, I barely get any sleep. On average, I get about 4-6 hours of sleep per night. I know, I hear it all the time, it isn't healthy, but then again what is these days, you know? But the bad part is not that I get a limited amount of sleep, the bad part is that I dont sleep comfortably. I toss and turn more times throughout the night then I actually close my eyes. I've even gone as far as making unhealthy decisions to find peaceful sleeping solutions. There were times when I took drowsy medications to fall asleep and I wasn't sick. After researching, I found a perfect technological solution to my problems. That solution is called "Lighting Bug"

Lightning Bug is an android application that helps you find sleep and relaxation. This app provides simplistic and powerful ambience thar relaxes your mind. It uses a white noise mixer that allows life sound technology to touch the right nerves in your body to help you sleep peacefully. Lightning Bug has a bunch of sound loops and samples in its library. These sounds range anywhere from natural peace from rain storms, and ocean tides, to pure white noise, metropolitan sounds, meditation tones, acoustic and electric instruments, and slow mellow beats.

The unique part about Lightning Bug is that it doesnt just play simple repetitive loops of audio... It allows you to fully customize your engine to play sounds of harmony in random patterns, and therefore you will never hear the samething twice. As pleasing as it is to the ears, it is just as pleaseing to the eyes. This app comes fully equipped with soothing backgrounds and sound visualizations.

Lightning Bug has been a top application in the Android Market, and is fully covered in the Health Catergory. This app can be the healthy alternative to people like me who take unneccessary medications for asleep, which may end up causing more harm then help. With this app, you can fall asleep easily. The app sends soundwaves that coordinate with your brain patterns which serve as your own personal audio therapy agent. I strongly support this app, and I think it'll be a great addition to anyone's android library.

No comments:

Post a Comment