Thursday, November 15, 2012

Computer Communication Illiteracy Rate

As I had said on Edmodo I am not very proficient with usage of electronics, but while doing this 48-hour stint of logging my time on my networking devices I realized that I do use them more often than I thought. For instance, in my log I used my cell phone about 4 hours a day, between replying and reading text messages or answering phone calls. The main purpose of my cell-phone use is for social networking, and keeping in touch with my parents. I used my iPod a good amount because I drove home over this long Labor Day weekend which was a 3-hour car ride each way. My choice of media usage and length directly relates to what I am doing that day, normally I don't use my iPod at all but because it was a special circumstance I did use it. Also I found that my YouTube video viewing was higher than normal, the media usage was high because my friend and I were playing at open mic night and people put up videos of us on the web so naturally we wanted to check them out, we also were researching some prospective band covers to do for next week's open mic night. Every week my usage of certain social networking devices varies, it is directly related to what I am doing that week because my schedule is constantly changing. At my workplace I use a walkie-talkie to communicate across the retail store and to stock in the back room, depending on how many hours I work that week will dictate my  frequency of usage on such devices. The purpose of my media use is for many different reasons, pleasure while watching YouTube videos or using the walkie-talkies for work and e-mail for school-related topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment