Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Facebook the Socialite

I was recently using Facebook more often than usual when I found out my cousin got engage through my news-feed. When I realized that I heard about such big news through a social media site it first made me infuriated with my cousin, but then I realized that times have changed and are going to continue change. My cousin used the most efficient  method to inform her friends in the quickest manner. Everyone has a Facebook, or most people I should say and it is becoming the new socialite. Fewer and fewer people are going to their friends and magazines for gossip, rather they are logging onto a social media website and reading about the latest global warming trends and daily horoscopes. I truly do appreciate Facebook and all it has done for the method of information transfer. It also brought me and my best friend from 4th grade back together, for three years I lived in Tokyo, Japan. My parents were in the military and we were stationed over there, during that time I became very good friends with Ashley Anderson. When my parents were told that we were moving again I cried and cried because I didn't know if I was ever going to see my best friend again. I moved to New York and she moved to California after our stint in Japan. I lost all contact with her until facebook came out, I typed her name into the search engine at the top right corner and the rest is history. In fact I just booked a flight to San Diego to visit her over the winter break, this re-kindled friendship is made possible because of this social media website.


No comments:

Post a Comment