Tuesday, November 27, 2012

TimeHop

   Timehop is an app for smartphone users. It is meant for users to be able to go back in time and see what they posted on this day in time, one, two or even three years ago on their social networking site, such as Twitter or Facebook. Every morning, the app will send you a notification stating that your timehop is ready. The user is then able to access the app and view things they posted via Facebook/Twitter 3 years ago on this date. This app is a great way to time travel to your past without actually doing so.Timehop shows old photos, statuses and tweets a user posted years ago on the same date. Timehop is a new way to record, reconnect and remember personal experiences and allows us to connect with our digital history. The team who created this app also created the app Foursquare, which allows users to check into their favorite places using an app on their phone. Since the app is fairly new, it is still developing. Currently users are able to access old posts from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and FourSquare. In order to send an email to users of their daily timehop, the app needs to collect information and data over night. In the morning, the user will receive a notification reminding them to check their timehop to see their digital history at this date in time. After learning about this app, I decided to download it and test it out myself. Every morning I receive a notification to access my timehop. Once I view it, I am able to see things I posted on Facebook 2, 3 4 & 5 years ago on this date. For example, today's timehop consisted of images I uploaded to Facebook 5 years ago! This app is a great way for users to revisit their past through a simple app. I highly recommend it to all smartphone users.

No comments:

Post a Comment