Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sweets of Tweets

I am a new twitter user, I recently made an account and was miserable during the whole set-up process. I am a creature of habit and when challenged I often give up sobbing like a baby, as you will find out I don't like change when it comes to electronics. After a few miserable attempts to come up with a catchy slogan for my twitter name and scrounge up some interesting posts I must say I do like the concept of twitter. In comparison to facebook I believe twitter is much more interesting, it caters to the specific interests of the user.

For example, I love the great outdoors and nature... in fact my first few twitter posts were pictures of sunsets and scenery from the Adirondacks. (When I eventually learned that you have to push the little quill-pen picture on the top right of the home page, they really should give some instructions to those of us who are twitter-illiterate.)

Furthermore, the first "followers" I enlisted o Twitter were rock climbing gear companies and National Parks, maybe twitter isn't so bad after all? I can see all of my own interestes complied into one website, talk about efficiency.

It leaves the idiotic media at the wayside and allows me to fine-tune what I truly want to be reading about. Twitter has nothing on Facebook.

No more will I have to worry about creepy messages from strangers, twitter doesn't even have a message function, everything is just out there in the open. Overall twitter was much easier to learn to navigate than any other social networking site I have used in the past, I'm relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment